Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Sunday, October 11, 2009

COUNTRY STORE ©2009





















Country Store SW CO

This type of subject matter is not normally my cup of tea, but having driven by this old country store so many times, I could no longer resist. I had to photograph it before it disappeared.

I actually made this image much earlier in the year and just a couple of weeks ago we happened to drive that road and I noted that one of the big advertisements was missing. Moral to this store is: if it feels right the first time, photograph it, or it may disappear. Many a good image has been lost because of procrastination.

Just a few days ago, I drove by this old store and noted that several of the colorful signs are now missing. Go figure... jj May 14 2011
click on image for larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment