Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

FIRST TWO POINTS OF THE GAME circa 1988


First goal of the game.
=
Radford University versus NC State.
=
I have never considered myself to be a sports photographer, but I did capture a few decent images during my term at RU.

This was a big game and highly touted. Little RU taking on one of the top teams in the country. I won't say who won, but RU made the first score of the game and the crowd went wild. I had my camera set up on a tripod overlooking the arena and although I certainly did not expect what happened next, my finger pressed the shutter release real quick. I dislike motor drives, but I did make several rapid exposures and this is the one I liked best. Normally it is the first exposure that nails the image you anticipate. You will see more of this on my blog.
=
This was the decisive moment and I was ready.

To view a larger size image, click with left button

No comments:

Post a Comment