Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

HIGH COUNTRY BYWAY COLORADO


This image was made near Dallas Divide at an altitude of about 9,500 feet. I took off early in the morning because the weather we've been having lately in Colorado is a record setter, with highs of near a hundred degrees every day. By the time I reached this site, it was already too hot to enjoy my photography, but when you run into a landscape such as this, you have to be prepared to deal with the weather.

I was with our two dogs, Danny and Bella on this trip, and they prefered to stay in the truck while I made my exposure. They, at least, had a little shade for several minutes. I will be heading back to this area about the first of October. That is when the aspen trees will be in their golden glory.

Left click on the image for a much larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment