Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

ADOBE ABSTRACT ©2008





Adobe Hill Abstract 2008


Near Montrose, CO


To view a larger image, click on hills


Mother Nature provides us with all manner of subjects. The trick is to recognize a potential image and keep it simple. I spotted this concept several weeks before I returned to the site and captured what you see here, but I knew in advance that I had to arrive on the scene about nine AM to take advantage of the bright lighting and shadows. Not only was I provided with a strong abstract design, but the contrast in colors added to the overall presentation.


Returning to a site time and again for the exact lighting I require has been a fairly routine proceedure for me over the decades. But you still to have be ready to capture the totally spontaneous moment as well. Spotting a subject within a subject often takes a lot of practice and patience. jj

No comments:

Post a Comment