Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Sunday, July 12, 2009

WILD FLOWERS & ELK HERD ©2009


Colorado High Country
=====
Click on image for larger view
=====
This past week was spent in the Colorado high country atop a seven thousand foot mesa.
From where we were camping, I had easy access to numerous alpine meadows with a background of thirteen and fourteen thousand footers. There is still snow up on the high peaks, but here at the nine thousand food level the snow has disappeared and quickly replaced by lush green grass and wild flowers.
My primary purpose was to photograph wild flowers, but on this particular morning I thought I noted a group of cattle on the hill behind the yellow flowers. Boy was I mistaken, because the moment I peered through my camera lens, I realized that there were quite a number of elk feeding on the nice green grass. Lucky me, I thought. This was too easy, but I made a number of nice exposures and this is one of the results.
The image here appears to be a bit out of focus, but I suppose that is just the nature of the blog. On a full-blown computer screen the flowers are crisp and sharp and you can clearly see the antlers and expressions on the faces of the elk. Here is another case of being in the right spot at the right time. Plus, the lighting was just perfect.








No comments:

Post a Comment