Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

OLD WOODEN COAL TIPPLE ©1979




OLD WOODEN COAL TIPPLE


Minersville, PA





My travels took me into Pennsylvania and even as far north as Nova Scotia, but since we are talking about old wooden buildings, this is one to remember.For all I know, this may have been the last such structure left, and I just happened to get off the Interstate and make a short detour before driving by this relic. Once again, it was pure chance that brought me to this site and I made the best of it.

This was (or should have been) a historical landmark, but like the West Virginia barn, I went north again on another project two years later and I made it a point to swing by and take one final look at the old coal tipple. There was still smoke rising from the site of this old structure. My guess is that someone torched it the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment