Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Friday, July 24, 2009

WESTERN ABSTRACT ©2008




Adobe Hills: Nature's Abstract 2008



This is a digital image which was made near our home in Montrose, CO.

I am not into a lot of high-faulting tinkering with digital imagery. My objective has always been to make a proper exposure to start with and then use the same basic processing tools that would correspond with the old-fashioned lab techniques. Simplicity and patience has been the name of the game for me.

I had staked this site out at an earlier date and I was there promptly at nine AM to make my exposure.

Making the transition from film to digital was quite easy for me because I had been working as a fine art B&W artist for the better part of my life. The only difference is that I must now think in terms of pixels rather than silver particles.

I am also enjoying my bout with color and the western landscape.


Left click on the image for a larger and sharper presentation


No comments:

Post a Comment