Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Thursday, July 16, 2009

TEAM OF WORK HORSES ©1979


TEAM OF WORK HORSES
SHENANDOAH VALLEY OF VIRGINIA
===========
Click on the image to enlarge the illustration
===========
This image was captured about mid February 1979 and it was purely by chance that I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time.
The owner was giving the team a good workout and that gave me ample opportunity to make a number of nice exposures. Since he was going around the field in circles I had time to pick a nice spot and wait for the next pass.
This was a difficult image to print the way I had originally envisioned it, and the negative required special processing. In addition, I used a home-made screen to soften the dark areas. The final print actually comes across as light misty snow. This, plus the fine snow that was already falling, gave me the mood I desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment