Featured Post

ZION NATIONAL PARK UTAH This image was made during the fall of 2015 in SW Utah. It was one of three parks that we visited on this tri...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CHAIR AND SHOES ©1969




Chair & Shoes 1969



This was my first fine-art image in what would become the Mountain People Portfolio.

A friend and I were hiking a side spur off the Appalachian Trail when we spotted an old abandoned mountain cabin along a small stream. It was as if the folks had just walked away and left everything where it was. I captured quite a number of fine images at this site. One could just imagine the old fellow sitting out on that front porch passing the time of day.

This image always stood out when I displayed my work in a gallery or an invitational show.

I did pick up some trash and re-arranged the shoes slightly but the concept did not change.


Click on the image for a larger and sharper view.

No comments:

Post a Comment